Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Update on Wolfy

I'm thrilled to say that I got to have a visit with Wolfy while he was home on a two week leave.

SSGT Basillo showed up Friday night with Wolfy in tow and was I thrilled to see them both. The Sarge was nice enough to let Wolfy spend the night at Johnny's so I could take him out on the town. I called his daddy Jonny to share the good news that his son was in town. He dashed right over when he was done working. We took Wolfy out for a couple of beers. I had to break Jonny's heart when he asked if his son was home for good. I told him that Wolfy was only here on leave was leaving the next day. I felt like I'd stabbed him in the heart. He's proud of his boy though. He had a nice evening of bonding and they said their goodbyes. For those of you who haven't read the Delta boys blog I'll tell you where our guys have been. In nine short months they have been to Wisconsin, Bangor-Maine, Dallas-Texas, and Chicago-Illinois just in the United States. They've been to Ireland, Germany and Kuwait. Their tour in Iraq has taken them to Tikrit, Kirkuk, Mosul, Bayji, Ramadi, Fallujah and Balad. I'm exhausted just writing it all down. Remember to keep our troops in your prayers. When the home coming is approaching we will let you know. There is going to be one heck of a party at Johnny's.

No comments: