Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Town Hall Meeting

Tonight I attended the town hall meeting hosted by Congressmen Sam Farr. I have never really been a fan. His voting reputation when it comes to issues regarding small business in California is not one that I agree with. But, God Bless him he has held more town meetings than most of his fellow legislators. In fact 67% of Congress is too scared to hold town hall meetings. With everything I've seen on You Tube and the news I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I have to say San Benito County residents were very civil and well behaved. With the exception of a few outbursts from real riled up citizens it was a peaceful gathering of people with very diversified opinions. Mr. Farr was very congenial even when being yelled at. I may not agree with his politics but as a person he is OK with me. It's hard to say which way the crowd was leaning but it seemed to me that there were a lot more people worried about the government running our health care system than there were those willing to see them try. Don't get me wrong, I know the system is broken. It needs an overhaul. But in my humble opinion more government control is not what this country needs. Haven't they screwed things up enough?

No comments: