Saturday, September 12, 2009

Too Excited!

Between the buzz of my first San Benito County Leadership class yesterday and the fact that I will be jumping out of a plane sometime in the next six to eight hours I have been awake for quite some time. After tossing and turning for what felt like hours I figured I should just get up and do what writers do, write. My good friends Dave Blair and Gregg Bonturi have agreed to join me in my skydiving venture. Rumor has it Kathy Blair may join us too. We will be doing a tandem jump with the Adventure Center Skydiving Company in Hollister. If what they say is true we will be jumping from 15,000 feet. No wonder I can't sleep. I've been saying for years that I wanted to do this before I turned fifty. With the big 50 quickly approaching, December 9th to be exact, I'm getting it done with not much time to spare. My jump was donated as a raffle prize at one of our many fundraisers and all my tickets went into the jump jar. I am going to have to kick in another forty bucks because they say my certificate was for a 10,000 foot jump and now they are going to 15,000 feet. Some friends and past jumpers told me that we need oxygen at that height so I'll have to ask if I heard them wrong. I'll be back with an post jump update. Bon Voyage, or what ever they say when throwing yourself out of a perfectly good plane.

No comments: