Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December musings

It's dinner time and I haven't written a word in my book. Tuesday's are usually dedicated entirely to writing but I got thrown way off track today. After my morning workout I ran errands and when I returned home from the grocery store my urge to play Suzy Homemaker and do a little online Christmas shopping won out. My Christmas cards are ordered, there is a pie in the oven and short ribs in the crock pot. I am honoring my promise to myself to blog every week so here I am. I don't have any exciting news to share except that my new t-shirt design is finally finished and the new shirts are coming off the presses as I write. Fast Eddies Custom Screen Printing is the bomb. Not only is the company fast but it is a local, family owned company. My bartender Kathleen and her husband Eddie own it and their son Shawn drew up the artwork for my shirts. I think everyone will agree after seeing the new design that he is one talented dude.

Our pal Robbie Scattini was sworn in at the Hollister City Council meeting last night. I'm sorry to say that I didn't get to witness the auspicious occasion. We're thrilled to have him back on board. He is the reason we had 2007 & 2008 motorcycle rallies. My husband says I need to give up on the rally and look for something else that will generate business for our sleepy little community. How does the West Coast Punkin Chunkin Contest sound? We watched the Chunk that's held in Delaware on the Discovery Channel and it was great. Like our debunked rally, their event generates lots of money for non-profits, and it brings upwards of 50,000 spectators to a very rural area; it takes place East of Bridgeville Delaware. We may not be the farming community we once were but I think there's some real potential here. Even Hollister law enforcement could get behind this idea, unless of course any event that brings thousands of people to our community and the extra work that goes along with it is frowned on by our understaffed police department. Of course with more revenue maybe the city could afford to hire more officers. Feel free to share your thoughts.

No comments: