Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Budman Memorial Run 2011




The 2nd annual Budman Memorial Run was a huge success and a great time was had by all. We had 41 motorcycles, four cars and a truck; that came in handy when TJ's motorcycle refused to start. Poor Boo Boo's shifter fell off and he never made it past Wright Road. It was a cold and foggy day and I have to admit that I was thrilled to be in my car with my son, Allen at the wheel. He scared the bejesus out of me a couple of times when we were trying to catch up with the pack but I was able to get some great photos because he was driving.
The Gustine Lounge very graciously provided chili and garlic bread to thaw out our bones and we'll be sure to make them a stop again next year.
The mood was somber at the San Joaquin Valley Cemetery; we all wished we were celebrating Russel's birthday with him as we did at this time for many years. We raised our beers to toast him and as the call "To Budman" rang out across the valley and we pictured him smiling down on us, thrilled that we rode in his honor.
We threw a party that he would be proud of and in the process raised $1100.00 for the San Benito County Food Bank. After the BBQ and raffle many people dropped their bikes off at home and came back with designated drivers to dance their socks off. When the band stopped at 11:00 we were all exhausted and happy.
I would like to thank all of the wonderful volunteers who worked so hard to make this event a success. We could not do it without you. There are too many names to list and I would undoubtedly miss someone and feelings would be hurt but I want you all to know that you are appreciated by the Johnny's family, the food bank and of coarse Budman.

No comments: