Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Boozefighters Spring National


I was honored that my friends the Boozefighters invited me to join them at the Spring National Event. It was held in Reno the last two years which was much easier to get to than Little Rock Arkansas but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. We were treated like royalty by Chapter 66 Bozzefighters and Boozettes. Flip was absolutely amazing. While being on the phone 24-7 making sure that the shuttles from the hotels to the club house were running smoothly he still managed to be at the beck and call of me, Dago and my sick pal Susie the entire time. Sue got food poisoning our first night in Arkansas and spent the entire time in our room sick as a dog.I felt terrible for her but there was nothing I could do besides supply her with ginger ale, saltine crackers, cheese and yogurt.
Dago was blown away by her 81st birthday party. She got so many presents that they had to ship them home for her. She was fawned over the entire time we were in Arkansas and I loved observing it. She is after all the oldest and quite possibly the only living original Boozette. We had a wonderful time and met lots of Boozefighters from as far away as England and Florida. The Boozefighters Motorcycle Club is the greatest bunch of people you could ever hope to meet and I am thrilled to have them as friends.
I'm so excited about July's Hollister Independence Weekend which promises to bring plenty of bikers to Hollister including my Boozefighters who are celebrating their 65th anniversary. Wino Willie would be proud to see how far his club has come. It is one of the oldest motorcycle clubs and is now international with chapters in Italy, France, and England. Boozefighters Up!

No comments: